Chemicals not only deplete the nutritional value of our food, but they also contaminate it. Before you begin using a chemical animal repellent, make sure you understand what it is comprised of. Below are three common chemicals in animal repellents, and it turns out that they are dangerous.
- Inhalation results in inflammation of pulmonary tissue and damage to respiratory cells
- Capsaicin also irritates skin, sometimes severely
- Can be toxic
- Capsaicin temporarily causes bronchoconstriction, coughing, nausea, and incoordination in the upper body in humans following inhalation
- People who suffer from asthma or other respiratory diseases may have increased sensitivity to capsaicin
- functions as a neurotoxin
- Dangerously toxic to fish and to cats
- In cats it may induce hyperexcitability, tremors, seizures, and even death.
- As a broad-spectrum chemical, it kills indiscriminately; as well as the intended pests
- When naphthalene gas is inhaled, the body breaks it down into other chemicals that react with cells in the body and damage tissues. People develop headaches, nausea, dizziness, and/or vomiting after being exposed to naphthalene vapors.
- Small children have also developed diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain, and painful urination with discolored urine after ingesting naphthalene.
- Dogs that have eaten naphthalene may be lethargic, or show signs of vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite and tremors.
- Animal studies have suggested that naphthalene can cause cancer.
If you’d like to repel unwanted animals from your garden, plants, or orchard there is a way to do so without using dangerous chemicals. There are no chemicals, no poisons, no traps and the Critter Repellent doesn’t harm the animals you wish to get rid of. Shake Away Critter Repellent is natural, easy, safe and guaranteed. Using the Shake Away line of Critter Repellent will keep your garden safe from small animals, large animals, rodents and domestic cats. It’s as easy as shaking the product onto your lawn or garden. Shake Away Critter Repellent is completely organic and OMRI approved. Safe around kids and pets. Learn more at http://www.critter-repellent.com.
You don’t have to use an animal repellent that has dangerous chemicals in it like the ones listed above. Critter Repellent offers an organic, OMRI approved, natural and safe way to keep animals away from your garden, plants or orchard. It’s easy and safe! Learn more about Critter Repellent at http://www.critter-repellent.com.